We are very lucky to live close to Oak Manor Farms, Canada’s original organic grains mill. While we can find their products readily in our grocery stores, it’s nice to take a drive to the country and see the full selection of products they have on hand. I often use their 7 grain cereal to make this breakfast porridge and simply increase the amount of liquid to match with package directions.
Go-To Peanut Butter and Chocolate Oatmeal
Creamy chocolate oatmeal with a peanut butter glaze. This will be your new breakfast favourite!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (or 1 mashed banana)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 medium banana
- 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or more to get desired consistency)
- Dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Pure maple syrup, to taste (optional)
For the cereal, bring almond milk, water, dates and salt to boil in a medium saucepan. Stir in oats and cocoa powder. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes, covered.
Mix together peanut butter and milk.
Spoon warm cereal into bowls. Top with a sliced banana and drizzle with peanut butter mixture. Add cinnamon and/or maple syrup if desired.