Rainbow Salad with Cranberry Lime Vinaigrette
This is an eat the rainbow, get all of the antioxidant rich benefits, feel good salad. It’s full of bright and beautiful fruits and veggies and has a healthy serving of protein. I’ve paired it with a favourite Cranberry Lime Vinaigrette. We are lucky enough to live near a shop that produces many delicious flavoured balsamic vinegars and oils. It takes salad dressings to a whole new level!
- For the dressing:
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp cranberry balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the salad:
- ½ cup romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup assorted sprouts, such as pea sprouts, buckwheat sprouts
- 2-3 strawberries, halved
- 4-5 blackberries
- ½ a carrot, cut or grated
- ½ avocado, cut into quarters
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked and cooled
- Edible flower petals if desired
For the dressing: Add the dressing ingredients to a small jar. Cover and shake well; set aside.
For the salad: Arrange the salad contents in a serving bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette.